Thursday, July 06, 2006

Are We There Yet Nia?


Nia Long will be starring in a sequel to 2005's family comedy, "Are we There yet?". This time around she will be playing Ice Cube's girlfriend. The same kids (Aleisha Allen & Philip Bolden) who played the little brats in the first one will make their second appearance. Now my question is why is it taking Ms. Long so long to gain a starring role. She is always the supporting actress. I've noticed that her and Larenz Tate are two brilliant actors who have yet to take on a starring role. While I love their characters in any other movie, I'd still love to see them win an Oscar or Academy award for a starring role, like Halle did in "Monsters Ball". They've both been acting for quite some time now. I'm wondering if they were offered starring roles and they turned them down, or if they're not seen in Hollywood as a-list actors. Come ya'll, let's get those good roles pouring in.