Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pharrell no longer #1 to Vuitton


I was delighted to find out that Pharrell was about to be the new face of Louis Vuitton. I was happy to see him venturing out and accomplishing other projects, which is always good. But I was suddenly taken back by recent reports of him shaming homosexuals, and thus risking his new campaign. Entertainmentwise reports:

"US music star Pharrell Williams may have shot himself in the foot with some recent remarks that exposed his unattractive homophobic streak.
Williams, was being lined up to be the face of the new autumn campaign for fashion house Louis Vuitton, but after an incident during Milan Men’s fashion week, that contract could now be at risk.
Williams caused outrage when his minders booted several gay fashion peep’s out of his VIP lounge during a GQ Magazine party telling them there was "too much sausage" in the room.
According to the New York Daily News, reps for Louis Vuitton are now assessing how much damage Williams has caused with his remarks and whether or not they will be retaining him as their ‘face’."
I am so disappointed in Pharrell, and I was even shocked that he would let such a thing go down. I mean he can seem a bit metrosexual at times. Ecspecially in his new video with Kanye. I would have thought that he enbraced their way of life. Oh well, I bet he feels like shit, b/c I know I would.