Thursday, July 06, 2006

The 'Wii'



For all you video games heads, Nintendo's Next Generation Console just dropped in the UK. They got to be the first to get hands on with the Wii (the official name for the console). I know I've been waiting for the Playstation 3 personally. But I also heard about the new MARIO game they have for the Wii, which I know will be inviting. I'm sorry ya'll I am a true video game head, so of course I'd blog about this.
For the full report on this, click
HERE .

Please note that the console will NOT be shipped out in Sept. as fans speculated it might. A nintendo spokesperson told Bloomberg:
“There's no change in our plan to release the console in the last quarter of this year. We are planning an announcement in September and it may be causing some confusion.''
But, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told the Japanese press:
"We can't talk about [the Wii’s] release date, but we don't want to miss the year-end sales battle. In the US, we must release it by Thanksgiving, or retailers won't give us the support we need."
So we'll see how all that pans out. But I need some new technology in my life I don't know about ya'll. The BET awards don't entertain like they should anymore so you can imagine my wanting for another means of entertainment.