Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ecstatic

I know I know.....I haven't been up here to update anything for awhile but I have been on my grind, working, preparing for school, dancing, and of course writing. Anyhoo, I recently entered a poetry contest with Poetry.com, and I just received a letter in the mail yesterday confirming my status as a semi-finalist out of thousands. My poem will be published in a book that they're putting together. But I am very proud of myself, here's my poem in all it's copywritten glory:

"Diary of a Woman"
Since the day woman was born she has been curious to all.
God's wonderful creation,a beauty of nature with no faults.
Diamonds and pearls, a string of luxury.
the most beautiful thing in the world,as pure as a soul could be.
An outstretched land, mystical and magical.
The centripital force that draws in everything practical.
The beginning of something spectacularly beautiful.
The happily ever after at the end of the road.
An angel with a soul that glows.
At the end of the day everything sets in her eyesand hangs on to her whisper.
Written in the stars,she is God's number 1 contender.
Melissa C Olive

Copyright ©2006 Melissa C Olive