Friday, November 17, 2006

Cancellations and Such......



So I would just like to say that I was supposed to be attending Old Dominion University's Homecoming concert that included performances by Busta Ryhmes and Lupe Fiasco. Unfortunately, the day before the concert, I was sadly informed that it had been cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales. Apparently, everyone was eager to catch Mr. Fiasco but the fact that Busta was heading the performance, set them back, why, I don't know because the man puts on really great shows. Even though the show was cancelled, Mr. Fiasco agreed to do a free show in the student commons. You know he's always good for a free show, you gotta love all that humbleness. He's never too big for a free show. So I drive all the way down from Richmond to Norfolk which is a good hour and a half drive only to find it too was cancelled. Now I don't know if it was ODU's doing or Lupe and his people, all I know is I was highly upset. Lupe, if you happen to stumble upon this blog, just know that I'm waiting for some tickets to one of your shows. I need some sort of reimbursement for all this. I was really looking forward to your show, but I guess it just wasn't my time. But come on homie, hook your girl up because you know I hold you down. And don't ever think you can't come back to VA because you don't have any fans, you do, you really do. As sad as it is to say, it was because of Busta why people didn't buy tickets, or maybe it was just the ODU crowd. Anyhoo, just come on over to VCU next time, we gotcha on the luv kid.