Tuesday, November 06, 2007

From the Life && Syle Files: Dare your hair....Take Risks

I was going through V Magazine's website...for my daily update on style and all that comes with it. I found an interview that they did with Redken for their Urban Experiment line. Check out the interview HERE. I think that their approach to 21st century hair care is amazing and their efforts to go beyond conformity is clearly displayed through their newly developed interactive website. They made it known that their agenda is not to simply display new hair styles....
"The focus is not about hair...but about lifestyles"
The Urban Experiment products are quoted to,
"Represent a fashion-forward trend and are more about personal expression than conventional style"
....and I can dig that. I checked out the site for myself and was completely stunned by their unique approach. I pulled the site up on my computer, the intro happened to be a wonderful display of individuals with obviously different styles posed and ready to guide consumers around the site. The big bold words, "Dare to Experiment", seemingly tease you, and "spin the bottle" adds to that temptation. So, I spin the bottle and it lands on one of the posed individuals. I am then directed to a screen that offers up a description of the dare that I am given (along with, "the hair for this dare"). #9, which is titled, give a mix CD to a stranger (and an amusing illustration accompanies it). It goes on to give a description of this dare, basically create a mix of music give it to someone random and let it be. They are then supposed to be longing for you, this person that "they're having a tough time remembering". I think it's genius. BTW, in case you are wondering what the hairstyle is that's supposed to go with this dare, long layered locks with enamel gel (which is one of their products).

There is my detailed account of the site...I checked it out for you, now it's your turn.
Visit Urban Experiment