Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Googling Earth, Literally


So apparently I've been slacking because I always heard about daily satellite imaging sent directly from space to the web, but I guess I kind of slept on it(in other words never paid attention to it). Recently, I came across a really interesting webpage that had a link to the site from his page (cool site , Poplicks
Google Earth-Explore, Search, and Discover, check it out Google Earth. The welcome message reads,

"Want to know more about a specific location? Dive right in -- Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips."
By this time they had my complete attention. I was convinced to keep reading. I then stumbled upon the many little features that you could engage in:
  • Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in.
  • Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
  • Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
  • Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations

It was crazy because I started to think about that new Denzel movie, "Deja vu". For those that don't know, he plays an agent who goes in back in time by way of government satellites. So now I'm thinking these two subjects are probably linked. There might be a mention of this earth movies type issue in the film. It also seems that you have to download, "Get Google Earth" (the free version). Of course I think, they always have a free version posted up because there is also always a version that you have to pay for. Meaning the free version is probably like an out dated AIM, it really sux. Maybe its a way to lure citizens to willingly let the government keep these life invading tabs on them. They know your place of residence, but not only that, they know the exact time and distance to your crib from their location. They can pretty much spy on you IF they really wanted to. Their agencies probably hold the power of knowing about every single step you take. Buuuuuuut, I'm just saying. Check it out though I guess.....

and P.S they have a top 10 nude people list. Oh yea, they can see people sun bathing dirctly from space. I tell you. those aero-space people are some pervs (kidding).......you can check out that link again over @ Poplicks.com.