Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Why Do They Hate Us

I was watching some Dateline like show the other night and was extremely surprised at what I saw. An American reporter went over to Korea. I'm guessing they wanted a detailed look into the lives of Koreans in their society. They went on to show children in their classrooms, 3-4 year old children who were just about robotic. They were playing instruments in moving with such grace and precision that I was forced to keep watching. I thought, damn what do they feed these kids? 3 year olds in the U.S clearly stand no chance next to Korean children when it comes to domestication. I see 3 year olds running around outside, barefoot, with tonka trucks filled with dirt in my neighborhood. The next scene was a reporter chatting with the natives of Korea on the street. They blatantly stated their hatred for the U.S. And they did it with a smile on their face, holding the American's hand. It was like she was saying something that we should already know like, "Yea, there is nothing good about the US, you know, we can't stand how you run your country (all smiles)". I mean the look on the reporter's face was that of shock disguised by understanding eyes and the "I know what you mean" nod. So today, I decide to look up why the U.S is hated so much.....I found this essay that went into detail about why we are hated. It was interesting. The author also gave 87 reasons why we were hated so much over the years. Check it out. See what you think
  • Why Do They Hate Us



  • they probably hate us for stuff like this, just wrong: