Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Gwen's Reflection of Elvira



















While probing through my collection of DVD's last night, I came across "Scarface" and thought well I have a plethora of time available to take this movie in again. I haven't seen it in awhile and it does happen to be an old favorite of mine mainly because I loved Michelle Pfeiffer's character, Elvira Hancock, minus her serious coke habit. She was a tough pill to swallow unless you knew how to break that hard outer shell of hers which I can relate 100%. Watching her this time around made me think of Gwen Stefani on the cover of her new album. She appears, sleek, untouched, and just as flawless as Elvira did when she was taking that ride down the elevator so conveniently located in her home. And then there is that touch of mystery to keep you wondering what this chick is all about. Gwen's look also helps to set the mood of her album which I think could pass for music played during Studio 54's operating hours. Pure genius.

on a different note....
don't you just love "The Sweet Escape"