Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lil' Scrappy up North and Down South

So The other day I was engaged in a heated debate regarding Lil' Scrappy. I have always enjoyed his music, the crunk/dirty south appeal is just great. But then I was asked about how I think he would do as a joint G-Unit and BME artist. Well, I say, that just means he's working with two of hip-hop's top sellers. Let's face it, 50 puts out hits, and Lil' jon puts out hits. Exhibit 1, "Money in the Bank", was a very cunning track to comeback with. The beat rocks, you can play it at the club, and in your car, and the phrase, "Money in the bank, shorty what you drank..." became an anthem I hear more than often from just about everyone. And, he still hasn't lost his trademark adlib, "O-k-k-k". I can't wait to see how this joint affair will turn out. Below is a link to yet another track from his, "Born to Live, Bred to Die" album. See what you think about it, is there really a future?? Sources say, mos def.
  • Lil' Scrappy ft. 50 cent-"Nigga, What's Up"
  •