Monday, June 26, 2006

Return of Chappelle, The Lost Episodes


Remember when Dave Chappelle walked away from his $55 million dollar deal with Comedy Central. Well, his fans will have a last chance to see the few episodes that they did film. The Chappelle's Show will return on July 9, will a new alias, "The Lost Episodes". We will get to see exactly what we'll ultimately be missing. Two of the four sketches are about Dave's life after becoming a multimillionaire. A few things have changed like how Dave appears before his studio audience between each sketch. Donnell Rawlings and Charlie Murphy have taken his place during the small "wrap arounds" as they like to call those short segments. I know I thought Dave was crazy for letting $55 mil slip through his fingers, but at the same time I felt him. Showbiz is a lot of pressure, and some people just cannot take it. Although I'll miss that crazy ass show, I'm sure I'll see a lot of Dave in different projects.

Dave Chappelle song of the day: "Crazy" Gnarls Barkley